I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on G+Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

04 February 2011

IN A POET'S HEART


Sleeping in the hands of a lovely maiden, a fallen flower reminded me of the tenderness between beauty and a quiet death.

The words hiding in a poet's heart are eventually born upon paper, only to be revealed before the reader's  eyes, as he/she gets a glimpse of the jewels in the crown of his emotions.

The soft lips of the wind kissed my face with kindness as I viewed the image of this beautiful maiden returning my gaze with a smile.

The vocabulary between us was wordless, but the echo in our hearts was filled with romantic thoughts illuminating the night.

Sitting by a graceful rivulet, I could feel the beauty of her spirit piercing my heart with the feminine sweetness of a lonely woman.

Even though her eyes were wet with tears from the demise of an unfortunate flower, they also welcomed me to join her in this moment of human compassion.

She knew she would find words of comfort and love in a poet's heart, after he had written them with a trembling hand for lonely hearts to read.

*Modified image by ~ John William Waterhouse, wikipaintings.org

ToBitSoD-sig

14 comments:

  1. She knew she would find words of comfort and love in a poet's heart, after he had written them with a trembling hand, for lonely hearts to read.

    Your words are a soothing balm offering comfort to this world - weary soul of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy...Within this poem I feel the sensitivity of the poet and the sadness he feels for this beautiful woman who has just experienced lonesomeness. The words are compelling and comforting to the readers who are experiencing such heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ink runs from the corners of my mouth
    There is no happiness like mine.I have been eating your poetry.
    Tasty poems they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sleeping in the hands of a lovely maiden, a fallen flower reminded me of the tenderness between beauty and a quiet death."

    I've read this poem several times,and yet today I sensed an almost bittersweet beauty surrounding these words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous on Feb 4: Hope your soul won't be weary for much longer.
    Thanks for coming by.

    To Ruthi: Kind words spoken from deep within the heart can be most comforting to the ears. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

    To Anonymous on Feb 6: Smiling...I'm glad my poems have some flavor! Thanks for commenting and for coming by.

    To Ariana: I agree. My poems can indeed have a different meaning on second or third glance. Thank you for coming. Your responses are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the healing power of well chosen words - this a such a delicate poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's the case when it comes to a good poet, mostly.

    well conveyed emotions.
    Happy Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Marousia. The right words can indeed be comforting to the one hearing them. Thanks for coming.

    Hello agaain Jingle. Smiling...mostly...yes. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tenderness and passion of your poems =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again mindlovemisery. I appreciate your lovely comment. Thank you for taking the time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see such compassion, here. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello thingy. Thanks for coming. I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sleeping in the hands of a lovely maiden, a fallen flower reminded me of the tenderness between beauty and a quiet death

    Lovely write ~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello to beccagivens. Thanks for commenting.

    I've been over to your blog and your artwork is amazing.

    ReplyDelete