I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on FacebookAndy David on G+Andy David [Thoughts Of Beauty] on NetworkedBlogsAndy David [Thoughts Of Beauty] on Linky FollowersThoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

17 March 2011

PAPER FLOWERS


Sweetheart, did you know that rain and snow are the wealth and lust to lonely soil craving a kindly touch from the love of nature?

In fact, every form of life needs affection…including those of us unable to express intimate desires to the ones our hearts thirst for.

Impassioned by thoughts of you, my wishes have turned into poetic words describing the song I could never sing, but the poem I can only write.

A thousand shades of beauty are still not enough to distract me from envisioning the hope of romance glowing in your beautiful eyes.

You might not have been my companion from youth, but today, you have become the protégé of my dreams empowering me to create paper flowers.

Yes, my darling, without a garden to call my own, I have taken my favorite poems and made flowers out of paper for you.

Indeed, paper flowers have become pearls in my hands today, ever since their workmanship came from the inspiration of your delectable smile.

*Modified image by Konstantin Korovin, wikipaintings.org
Sharing with:
Theme Thursday
Theme Thursday "Paper"

ToBitSoD-sig

17 comments:

  1. Impassioned by thoughts of you, my wishes have turned into poetic words to describe the song I could never sing, but the poem I can only write.

    Voltaire wrote “Poetry is the music of the soul, and, above all, of great and feeling souls.”

    How magnificent your soul must be.Bring on more paper flowers...I will never tire of reading your soul thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. … My favorite line in this poem is, “Every form of life needs affection, even those that cannot express intimate desires to the one their heart thirsts for.” In those words a lot can be read or interpreted through them. Not only through human form, but for every form of life, whether it be a flower or any other form of living creatures. Your sensitivity to human life and nature tell of your appreciation of all things, but especially of the human kind. You go on to explain that thoughts of her allow you to turn your poetic words to describe the song you could never sing, but in the poems you can only write. And that is why you are calling your poems written on paper, paper flowers. Beautiful! Emotionally touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ruthi, Hello Ariana, nice of you both to visit again. Lovely comments and much appreciated.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing , words have escaped me , maybe to color some paper flowers , I don't have a favorite line but a favorite poem , keep'em coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome un-speackable love 2,
    You've come a long way from Jordan! Thanks for visiting. Your kind words are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poetry is lovely. Your words are passionate and heartfelt. My favorite line:


    "You might not have been my companion from youth, but today, you have become the protégé of my dreams who empowers me to create paper flowers."

    I like how the poet in this poem is open to new possibilities and draws inspiration and strength from the one he/she loves.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome chrisd,
    Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your feedback immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it thrilling how each post about paper is so different? Love your take on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Meri and welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The song Paper Flowers popped in my head reading this. Not sure the words of the song, but the melody is there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Christine, thanks for responding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, sentimental tender piece... poetry, flowers, compliments... what more could a lady ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  13. To Promising Poets Parking Lot,
    Nice to see you again. Thanks for commenting.

    To Reflections,
    Welcome. Thanks for the kind and uplifting words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tribute...I love your analogy of paper flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! This is so beautiful Andy!

    A lady, flowers, Love, smile, emotions, poetry....ohhhh... so dreamyyyyyy

    I loved this :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome my long distance friends, Cynthia and Olivia. Thanks for stopping by. Your sentiments are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete