I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on G+Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

28 November 2011

A TREMBLING FLOWER AND YOU

Beautiful maiden, breathe upon me your sweet fragrance and fill my mind with colorful shades of tenderness and joy.

Only you can remove this melancholic feeling filling my body and soul with a lifetime of heartaches I obtained beneath the trials of romance and love.

Sadly, my heart seems to vacillate between kindness and unfaithfulness - with the latter always leaving me in tears and at my lowest ebb.

Even if I am simmering inside for your feminine touch, I know quite well I can never buy your love with the most beautiful pearls sleeping at the bottom of the ocean.

The intonations of my heart speak to you with words that can only be heard through written poems dancing at your painted toes with the help of the gentle wind.

O maiden, your sweetness can bring a dying flower back to life and at the same time, your tears can fill a man's heart with sadness, causing him to appreciate a dying flower before the earth swallows her trembling beauty forever.

My darling, it is the fragrance of a trembling flower that leads me to you before the soil of the earth also welcomes me home.

ToBitSoD-sig

27 comments:

  1. Beautifully-written! You expressed well the true love of a man towards his other half. There's a melancholic side of it and I feel it more in the last line "the soil of the earth also welcomes me home." So touching when both are at a resting place called home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written... :)
    You always take us into your poems...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearls sleeping at the bottom of the ocean. Beautifully written and such a lovely melancholy poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a hopeful poem!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific tableau of blooms Andy floating on the waters of your words

    ReplyDelete
  6. truly gorgeous! thanks for dropping by...great to be here...:)

    thanks also for leaving some ideas about what to do with leftovers...much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower arrangement and words for T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy this is truly fragrant!

    Checked out the autumn pics on fb. Wonderful!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and vintage.

    I am so sorry, I wanted to respond to your invite but was very late. Tried yesterday but by that time it was closed. Settling in a new city is taking a toll on me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. O! Soo beautiful n deep andy dear.

    Loved it!!

    Love
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!

    Tooth Fairy please come and see it when you get a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Imagine me reading this with one of those haunting songs from the Secret Garden. The words just stuck on my mind and although it was written from a man's point of view, it was enough to draw so many emotions.

    I so admire you and your poetry. oh well, words are enough to make one fall in love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exquisite lovely piece, Andy!
    Particularly love the lines about her sweetness, the dying flower and her tears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flower arrangement !
    Gattina
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many powerful lines...such pictures, smells and feeling your poems bring to my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your words are sweeter than the scent of the most lovely rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely - romantic, tender but sad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like an Indian woman doing pooja

    ReplyDelete
  19. A warm welcome is extended to new & returning visitors.

    Thank you friends for your heartfelt comments. I appreciate you all for taking the time to stop by. Your kindness keeps encouraging me to write & share more.

    I believe I've paid you all a visit, but if for some reason I haven't, please know I shall be stopping by soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post and great entry for T day!
    Thanks for sharing:o)

    ***
    Happy day****

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Mildred. Thanks for reading my "T" entry. I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete