16 April 2012

Day 14/16: NEGLECTED

For the first time ever, I'm taking part in the A-Z Challenge and NaPoWriMo, where I'll have to write a poem a day for the whole of April (26 in total for A-Z). I'm combining both challenges. This is my entry for Day 14 letter "N" (Day 16 NaPoWriMo).



The refreshing winds, once kind to my weary face, have turned away because of the woman who stole the beauty of life from me.

Neglected by her tasteless kisses, I find myself trapped between sorrow, unkindness, the contempt I now bear for her and the freedom of my heart.

If only tomorrow could grant me the wishes of happiness, then I would forget the fragrance she once stained my lips with through impure intimacy.

Even the flower that used to sit in her tresses has lost its beauty by withering away under love's perfect season.

Sadly, not everyone can cry tears of honesty when we live in a world corrupted by tainted passion hidden behind the image of an attractive lover.

Tarnished by the love of this beautiful woman, my heart gradually perished in her garden of lifeless flowers.

Her neglect has also caused me to welcome life's ultimate freedom by spending it alone in silent darkness and lonesome bondage.

Written by/copyright  © 2010-present
*Modified MSO image

22 comments:

  1. Oh! This is sad. How can anyone neglect you??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My precious Janaki,
      I am smiling because what you said to me, is what I would have said to you. You got me (LOL)!! In any case, you are very dear and sweet to me. You are a beautiful Lady Flower writing upon my heart. Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  2. Romantic poetry to tragic poems...don't lose hope, Andy, all will be well.

    http://sulekharawat.com/2012/04/16/no-regrets/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sulekkha,
      How can I lose hope when I have you for a friend (smile)? Thank you for the visit and your sense of humor.

      Delete
  3. Andy sir this is not neglect .. its waiting time :)

    lovely poem once again
    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Bikramjit,
      You also have a sense of humor. I like it. Thank you for always stopping my.

      Delete
  4. tainted passion -oh intense words defined Andy;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Elvira,
      I can always depend on you to make me smile. You are a sweet friend.

      Delete
  5. I don't know Andy. Have you been bad? "Cause it sounds like your love is angry with you. Otherwise, how can she resist this beautiful writing?

    Nice twist to love here Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Myrna,
      You know I would laugh after your comment. No, I have not been bad...just a great imagination. Thank you as always for your sweet and kind words.

      Delete
  6. V sad...:( bt happens wid people in life...

    Dark poetry at its best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Mani,
      Thank you for the visit. You always say the right things to make me smile. See you again soon.

      Delete
  7. This seems to be written in another mood, Andy...Quite unusual for you and still exquisite all the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Corinne,
      Yes, I was in a different mood. As you know....love has many moods. Thank you for the visit.

      Delete
  8. You my dear have loved nailed. What it produces in we humans, ecstasy to devastation. Your words are beautiful never the less....<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Jan,
      You are so sweet and special to me!! Thank you for the support. It is greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  9. I like the change of moods in your poetry. It makes reading enjoyable as you stir a lot of different emotions in the readers. So, I see a man's point of view on neglect...it's so sincere and bold yet silent at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa,
      I write with deep emotions. My imagination takes me into different scenes of unwritten words. Thank you again.

      Delete
  10. A sad sentiment delivered with beauty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tameka,
      Love will always be tested. The heart will always fight for love. Thank you again.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. My beautiful Hanan,
      You can turn sadness into joy with the love inside you. Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoyed reading my humble poetry from the heart. Comments are always appreciated. However, please note that anonymous and/or spam comments will not be published.

I look forward to your return again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...