I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on FacebookAndy David on G+Andy David [Thoughts Of Beauty] on NetworkedBlogsAndy David [Thoughts Of Beauty] on Linky FollowersThoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

18 April 2012

Day 16/18: PORTRAIT OF A LADY

For the first time ever, I'm taking part in the A-Z Challenge and NaPoWriMo, where I'll have to write a poem a day for the whole of April (26 in total for A-Z). I'm combining both challenges. This is my entry for Day 16 letter "P" (Day 18 NaPoWriMo).


My soul has become both restless and sleepless from the vision of a beautiful woman in the meadows of my dreams.

Each time I think of her, my spirit becomes lost between the kind of happiness that overpowers evil and the kind of sorrow that leaves the heart craving the reality of sweet love.

With raw emotions, the mirrors of her eyes speak to me with humility and with the most illustrious sparkle I have ever seen.

The beauty of her smile transcends the never-ending darkness, for in the ebb of my dreams, she is the prestigious painting hanging with glory in all of my fantasies.

As my weary eyes continue to worship the portrait of this unknown beauty, the wind seems to echo her name under dawn's early light.

In the meadows of my dreams, the portrait of this lady has pleasantly awakened my spirit to love and has given me hope that my hungry, thirsting lips will one day drink the sweet wine flowing from her fountain of love.

ToBitSoD-sig

22 comments:

  1. The picture and your poem create a Perfect portrait. Lovely as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My precious Janaki,
      Nothing is more beautiful than your eyes reading what fell from my heart (smile). As always...thank you my dear and SWEET friend.

      Delete
  2. beauty of her smile transcends into never ending darkness...hmmmm...most fav line...majestic words and lovely image:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Elvira,
      Your smile can turn darkness into light (smile). Thanking you from my heart.

      Delete
  3. Lovely picture and lovely poem..:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ankitha,
      I always appreciate your comments. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely portrait of a woman...haunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa,
      I am touched by your words. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. To be the object of a romantic man's dreams is truly a blessing. Your words are a treasure dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tameka,
      I am humbled by your kindness. Many thanks.

      Delete
  6. Portrait of love and longing, a beautiful fantasy or an awesome reality? Gorgeous...

    http://sulekharawat.com/2012/04/18/p-is-for-poem/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Sulekkha,
      I am moved and touched by your affection over my work. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  7. A beautiful fantasy or an awesome reality? Gorgeous post about a smile invoking love in a heart.


    http://sulekharawat.com/2012/04/18/p-is-for-poem/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sulekkha,
      Many thanks again my friend.

      Delete
  8. Hi Andy, I'm worried that I've missed a post of yours in my frenzy, but I'll rectify that after I comment here. I love your use of the title, Portrait of a Lady, as it immersed me in expectation right away. 'Your' lady here is drawing you in with her beauty, ahahahah...gorgeous.

    PS, Ms Queenly is up on my blog later today...hope you can visit.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Denise,
      I will always wear a smile when I see your name. Many thanks for the encouragement. You always move me with words of beauty. I will visit you soon Lady Flower.

      Delete
  9. AMEN .. and I am sure that is all coming true..


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bikramjit,
      Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  10. The meadows of my dreams...Love that phrase - for me it conjures up such beauty, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Corinne,
      I could only smile after reading your kind sentiments. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  11. Dreams are such rich resources for The Muse! Beautifully put, Andy! You transported your reader as always... ^_^
    Loved this.. especially the concluding line- of hope and desire ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My beautiful friend Hanan,
      My imagination is also full of love (smile). You inspire me to write with invisible tears. Thank you for the kindness my dear friend.

      Delete