I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on G+Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

28 April 2012

Day 25/28: YESTERDAY

For the first time ever, I'm taking part in the A-Z Challenge and NaPoWriMo, where I'll have to write a poem a day for the whole of April (26 in total for A-Z). I'm combining both challenges. This is my entry for Day 25 letter "Y" (Day 28 NaPoWriMo).


Yesterday, children gathered around me and asked, "Sir, as a great love poet, will you teach us about love?"

Sitting on an old tree stump, I said to them, "Observe the tender spirit of the moon and the midnight colors of the rainbow and know they did not come into existence by chance, but were created from love by the Almighty Himself."

"See the birds soaring with freedom and the colorful fish residing in the depths of the ocean…all are evidence of love in a world where humans can never match their skill or graceful abilities."

"Likewise, when love rules as its master, the human heart holds life's greatest beauty, which can never fade, even in death.

"Although beauty glows in the image of every human, such beauty means nothing, if not complimented with love."

Finally, I told them, "Love is the fruit of life falling from the tree in the garden of our hearts."

Now, with a better understanding of love, they all shook my hand and like little angels uttered a very pleasant, "Thank you kindly, Sir" while running away.

*Image source

ToBitSoD-sig

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insight into your heart :-) Your words are always true...Raj, beauty without love is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My precious and beautiful Nargis,
      Inside my heart, there is also an unwritten poem for only you (smile). Your words have humbled me. As you get to know me better you will see...I know only love. If I were all alone, I would still be happy for those that have love. I can find contentment in poverty, loneliness and sorrow and still love greater than a a selfish man with everything. I remain your humble poet my sweet, sweet Nargis.

      Delete
  2. The greatest love always goes back to the Creator of us all. Lovely scenario and imagery. Well penned, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Adura,
      Well written my friend. Thank you for those beautiful words.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Sir Andy for this beautiful lesson in love. Have a great weekend. Ram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother Ram,
      Thank you for your kind words. Have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful explanation of love, my romantic poet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Rimly,
      I am touched by your affection and words. I am a very emotional man and love is all I know and feel. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I'm Stopping by from the A-Z challenge and following now too. This has been so much fun hasn't it? Have a great weekend and a great final challenge day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Martha,
      You are so kind. Thank you for the sweet words. I will also follow your smile.

      Delete
  6. yes andy sir .. I need to learn the art of love from you for sure .. more of these teaching poems please


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother,
      I am humbled by your kindness. Thank you so much. I can tell you are a man full of love also.

      Delete
  7. Andy, this one's a little different from your usual romantic descriptions of love. It covers all love, which transcends romance and illusion. You're a great teacher Andy. What lucky kids. This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sweet Martha,
      What touching words. My heart is full of invisible tears. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  8. You are defiinitely one of the best at answering that question. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Rachel,
      You are always so kind to my humble soul. Thank you for your beautiful words and tender glory.

      Delete
  9. Ah, that is a sweet picture. Wouldn't it be lovely if the gift of poetry could be passed on to young people rather than violence, hatred and racism. Your words gave me a lot to think about as always Andy.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Denise,
      Thank you for those kind remarks. Yes, love will be so much better to pass on to children than the other evil things of this world. Thank you again my friend.

      Delete
  10. Love your signature. Donna and I are working on one for RFW. D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Denise,
      Thank you. All credit goes to my wonderful assistant (smile). Thank you my dear and sweet friend.

      Delete
  11. I love this post and the image of the children gathering around their sage is precious. You are right God first is love and he gave generously to us so we can give to one another. Just lovely Andy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tameka,
      You and I are nothing without the love and respect for the Almighty. Thank you my dear friend.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Dearest Elvira,
      Thank you again and again for the support and kindness.

      Delete