I'm Social..Let's Connect!

Contact MeAndy David on G+Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn on Facebook

21 April 2013

CONSOLE ME...


Who will console me now that my heart has entered into the very depths of misery and sadness?

I have lost all dignity and hope in the power of faithful promises that once beautified this heart of mine.

Sadly, this empty feeling is difficult to explain, for evil is greater and more powerful than our imperfect, human strength.

My weary countenance is of a broken man searching for the evening tide to hide his tears and shame from the smiling eyes of an adulteress.

The sword sitting in my heart bears her warm fingerprints together with the shackles keeping me confined in an invisible tomb.

My dreams have perished at the entrance of her temple where we once sanctified our love with dancing flames in our hearts.

O kind stranger, console me, before my broken spirit is delivered up to witness her footprints alongside the lover I could never be...

ToBitSoD-sig

14 comments:

  1. It's 4:50 a.m. here. Can't sleep. Checked my emails and saw your post. So glad to see you here again. I love this poem. Its sadness matches the solitude and emptiness of a sleepless night. Hope you're well Andy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Myrna,
      Thank you for those lovely words of encouragement. I am always happy to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. It's really nice to read your post again. The depth of sadness could really be felt in this poem. Excellent!

    Sending you my best wishes, Andy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Balqis,
      Thank you for the support. In return, I am also sending you best wishes and thank you again for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Andy! Great as always! Hope your having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ada,
      Thank you so much for the visit and kind words. Hope all is well with you too. I've updated everything as requested. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. Excellent Composition David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jahid,
      Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you stopping by. (BTW, my first name is Andy)

      Delete
  5. Betrayal well portrayed, Andy. Didn't know you were back. Nice to see you here again. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Adura,
      I'm always grateful for your kindness and words of encouragement about my humble work. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  6. So good to have you blogging again, Andy. I hope to see you and your beautiful words around a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Corinne,
      I appreciate you being so kind as always. Due to other commitments, my blogging time has been reduced, but I still post periodically. I'm glad you enjoyed this one...it's one of my more sombre poems. Many thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. And you are consoled, with hugs and smiles, with knowing glances, with broken hearts, with pained insides, with the never-ending tears, with deep sad eyes. You are consoled, for pain is bound to the broken hearted like is the crack that slit it into halves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Punam,
      How beautiful your words are...like rainbows in the silence of the night...
      Thank you so much for the visit. I did try to visit your blog, but is was not open to me. :-(

      Delete